Mums are special, aren’t they? I know mine is. Like most people, I truly believe that I have the best Mum in the world. They do so much for us, from before we’re even born, through growing up and even into adulthood. I’m lucky enough to count my Mum as one of my best friends. But unlike a BFF, it’s not always that easy to buy a gift for our Mums, especially when Mother’s Day comes around. Flowers can seem a bit insipid, chocolates maybe a bit ‘last-minute’. Smellies are always a good bet, but it always nice to give a gift that your wonderful Mum can treasure forever.
That’s where jewellery can be a great solution. Now, I know, a lot of ‘Mum’ jewellery out there can be a wee bit cheesy. Really pretty, sentimental pieces, but realistically, not something your 55 year old Mum is going to actually wear every day.
So I thought it would be a good idea to put together a Top 10 jewellery gift ideas that she’ll want to wear again and again.
Top 10 Jewellery Gifts for Mother’s Day
- The deep, rich blue and antique finish silver filigree of these crystal earrings will appeal to those Mums who like more traditional styles and perhaps wear sapphires. Really pretty and sophisticated, these will look great day or night time.
- Pearls have eternal appeal and nowadays are worn with everything. I really love the simple, gentle curve of the gold vermeil and the classic creamy freshwater pearl. A contemporary twist on a classic style, Mums of all ages will love this.
- Made from a real violet leaf, this gorgeous heart-shaped pendant is a more sophisticated take on a lot of the heart pendants you might have seen before. I like how you can really see the texture of the leaf.
- Never mind Mum, I might have to get this for myself! This dreamy red jade and sterling silver ring is just so lush. I love that designers keep consistently coming up with such amazing designs.
- Cameos have had a bit of a revival lately and for good reason. Every lady should own a cameo and this classic design combined with the creamy and pink colour combo is a winner. Plus, it’s a locket so you can put a nice piccie of yourself in there to remind Mum how thoughtful you are.
- If your Mum is into slightly more understated jewellery, how about this stunning hammered silver bangle? Absolutely timeless and easy to wear, the hammered finish and undulating shape add lots of interest points to really make this stand out.
- There’s something about wrapping a lariat necklace around your throat that feels distinctly luxurious. The colour of these beautiful amazonites is lovely and fresh and perfect for spring.
- Another bright injection of colour, these attractive chandelier earrings give a lot of bang for your buck. The smooth beads and coral colour give them a nice vintagey feel and the white centre beads means them will team nicely with summer blouses and dresses.
- These really caught my eye. That beautiful, intense purple of the amethyst next to the rich warmth of the gold, gorgeous! They look a whole lot more expensive than they are, especially as they’re half price right now!
- And if you are really stuck, why not plump for a charm bracelet? Charm bracelets are so popular now, but they do have an enduring appeal. Plus, you’ve got the benefit of being able to buy more charms as gifts for years to come.
- So there you go, hopefully that will help with any last-minute panics you might be having about Mother’s Day. Remember, whenever buying jewellery for someone else, always think about their personal style. Buy Mum something she’ll love and want to wear and by showing a little bit of thought, your wonderful Mum will know exactly how much you appreciate her.
And don’t forget, lots and lots of hugs and kisses. Toodles