For the manufacture of jewelry, raw materials of 999 samples are purchased, where the silver content is 99.9 percent.
Since the silver of this test is soft, a special alloy is added to it – a ligature – to make it harder and more convenient for a jeweler to process. This is how 925 sterling silver is obtained.
The artist draws a sketch of the future piece of jewelry on paper. To see the clear technical parameters of the future jewelry, the designer is working on the project in a special program on the computer. The created model is approved by the artistic council.
How silver jewelry is made in ethnic style
- The approved model is sent to the master, who creates the very first copy – the future model for all subsequent produced jewelry.
- The jeweler creates a model of jewelry by hand, starting with working with an alloy, and uploading an already finished product.
- Further, the reference model is sent to the manufacture of special template rubber bands, according to which in the future a series of exactly the same jewelry will be made.
- To get the same decorations from these rubber bands, craftsmen collect Christmas trees, which are poured with special plaster for silver.
- Then the specialists place the “herringbones” in the equipment, where the process of pouring the 925 silver alloy takes place. They are placed in an oven for nine hours, where the temperature reaches 800-900 degrees Celsius.
- After that, the masters break the plaster and get the forms of the products, which are prepared for revision.
- After processing, the product is given to the jeweler for inserting stones and subsequent polishing.
- The last step is the evaluation of products by the accounting department and delivery to retail outlets.